If you have arrived at this article, you will undoubtedly have arrived at the conclusion that you need to get a root canal treatment done. If that is the case, sit back and brace yourself, this is your chance to tour India, experience the best that its dentistry has to offer and save money at the same time. Before we dive into the nuances of getting a root canal treatment in India, let us first take a crash course and understand the specifics of the treatment.
A root canal treatment is usually required when the pulp, i.e. the soft inner part of the tooth, is infected or inflamed. During the root canal procedure, the pulp that contains the connective tissue, nerves and blood vessels is removed , leaving the crown of the tooth, i.e. the part that one can see above their gums, almost intact. Post that, the entire tooth is disinfected, cleaned, filled and sealed. Once the first stage of the root canal treatment is complete, you can visit your dental professional who will place a crown on this tooth in order to ensure its protection and restore its functionality.
In times like these, a root canal treatment in India is one of the best bets to choose to help preserve the tooth structure. Even before visiting your trusted dentist, there are a few ways to identify the root canal symptoms by yourself. Some of them are:
- Sensitivity to varying degrees of hot or cold food, even if the feeling lingers for a while after you have eaten these foods
- An untreated cavity that leads to deep tooth decay
- Swelling or a tender feeling in your gums
- An injured tooth caused by a striking force, where the pulp gets damage even if the injury doesn’t reach the tooth
- Your tooth is darker than the rest of the set or
- Multiple dental procedures that have taken place on the same tooth
Through any of the above root canal causes, the exposed pulp has the chance of attracting bacterial infections. The decayed debris and accumulated bacteria can cause a tooth infection, which can further lead to swelling and can be liable to spread to the other parts of the face or neck. In light of these root canal symptoms, it would be best to consider looking out for places where you can undergo a root canal treatment. However, a root canal procedure can be a costly affair, especially if you haven’t had the chance to include such a procedure in your insurance. Here, getting a root canal treatment in India can help you save up to 70% of the cost, a benefit that attracts many who share the same root canal symptoms to the country. Home to some of the finest medical professionals across the world, language is no barrier when it comes to seeking out professional help for your treatment.
At the end of the day, your first and foremost priority is to find the right dental clinic that you can trust your dental care with. Here are some of the factors to keep in mind when searching for the clinic to undergo your root canal treatment:
- The clinic needs to be ISO Certified and up-to-date with their technology
- The clinic follows the best hygiene practices
- An expert team of dental professionals who understand your case best
- A clientele base filled with satisfactory and positive reviews
While reaching out to your clinic that made it to the top of your preferred list, it is best to first begin your experience with an online consultation where they can help you find the nature of your problem. Along the way, they will also inform you about the root canal cost and the duration of the root canal treatment. However, it is necessary to be clear about your medical history with your dental professional. On a general basis, patients undergoing treatments for diabetes, hypertension, osteoporosis, or autoimmune diseases need to inform their dentist about it before proceeding with the root canal procedure so that the dental professionals can take the necessary precautions. For example, if you are in the middle of a treatment that requires you to take blood-thinning medication, your dental professional may recommend taking a break with it a few days before the treatment.
Once the treatment has been completed, every dentist will have their own set of post-procedure guidelines that need to be followed. The most common of these guidelines include:
- Taking the prescribed medication on time as given by the dental professional
- Avoiding food and drinks for about two or three hours after the treatment, since chances are high that you could bite your tongue as it will be numb
- Keeping away from hard and crunchy foods a few days after the treatment is over
- Brushing and flossing are the basic yet most essential activities to make a habit out of
- Should your entire temporary filling wear off between your scheduled appointments, it is necessary to consult the dentist immediately.
The healing time for the root canal treatment can last anywhere between a few days to a week, and can go longer in some cases. However, once the permanent crown has been placed, it should not take long for you to adjust to the new normal. Root canal procedures are generally meant to be permanent, the results of which will pay off in the long run. A tooth extraction procedure is generally considered to be an alternative for a root canal treatment, where the affected tooth is extracted and replaced by an implant. Though it is regarded as a quicker process, a root canal treatment in Mumbai surely has greater benefits that deal with your problem in a more efficient manner. Make sure to conduct your research properly when on the lookout for the treatment, your decision is one that will decide how the rest of your dental life will look for the years to come.